From the valley station of the Ehrwalder Alm cable car you proceed on the path up through the meadows to the Ehrwalder Alm. Continue past the Pest Kapelle and via the Max Klotz Steig, past the Hochfeldernalm und up to the Joch 'Am Brand' (2,120m). Stay on the path to the Fledernjöchl which dips slightly to 2,041m. Continue until you reach the point where the path divides for the Steinernes Hüttl and take the left hand fork which heads in a north easterly direction on towards the Gatterl. The Plattsteig takes you over rough scree and snow fields to the Knorr Hut. Continue to climb gently up to and across the Zugspitzplatt to the Schneefernerhaus and from there follow the marked path which is secured by cable in a north easterly direction to the peak. You could also take the Gletscherbahn up to the peak from the Zugspitzplatt if you prefer.
The tour can also be undertaken in reverse, starting at the Tiroler Zugspitz cable car and finishing in the Ehrwalder Alm.
Tour description can be foud here
The ticket includes the following:
- 1x Ride up the mountain with the Ehrwalder Almbahn
- Independant hike over the Gatterl to the valley station of the Glacier lift (apx. 6 hours)
- 1x Ride up the mountain with the Glacier lift to the Zugspitz peak.
- 1x Entry to the "Fascination Zugspitze" interactive museum
- 1x Ride down the mountain with the Tiroler Zugspitzbahn
- 1x Entry to the "BAHNORAMA anno 1926" at the valley station of the Tiroler Zugspitzbahn
- 1x Bus back to the valley station of the Ehrwalder Alm cable car
- Timetable can be found here!
Please note the operating times of the individual cable cars!
You are now in high mountain terrain. These hiking tours require good climbing equipment and climbers need to be very fit, sure footed and have a good head for heights. Walking times and difficulty gradings are guidelines only. Please refer to relevant maps and guides for information on all these tours.